The Personal Survival Arsenal
What would you do if you woke up to find there was no electricity, No city supplied water, no food at the grocery store, no gas at the station, no banks open, and bands of looters roaming the town? Unfortunately, the possibility of these events happening is very real! They could be caused by:
Severe shortages of food, gasoline, oil and/or heating fuel.
2. Worthless currency (the result of severe inflation).
3. Terrorist of guerrilla activities.
4. Natural disasters.
Could you and your family survive even a few days without additional water, food and police protection? The time to prepare for the defense of your family and possessions is nov! Arm yourself while you can! The need for a well planned, carefully selected personal survival arsenal is very clear. The spineless liberals that would like to disarm this country are busily at work. Each year, the government places more restrictions on the citizen's right to bear arms.
The purpose of this article is to outline an easily obtainable survival arsenal that will be highly effective in allowing you and your family to survive the coming CRUNCH (economic depression/collapse). The information has condensed and years of experience in the military weapons/survival field has been compiled to offer the following choices. The weapons were evaluated and selected on the following criterion:
1. VALUE-The performance at a given price level.
2. RELIABILITY-There may be no chance for a second shot if your weapon malfunctions.
3. ACCURACY-The weapon must be able to hit what you are aiming at.
4. MAINTENANCE-The weapon must require a low level of maintenance to function properly and continually under adverse conditions.
5. STOPPING POWER-Hitting what you aim at is great, but the weapon must have adequate knockdown capability if it is to be useful in a survival situation.
6. WEAPON AVAILABILITY-The weapons must be generally available in most parts of the country. If you can not find the weapon now, you certainly won't be able to find spare parts later.
7. CARTRIDGE AVAILABILITY-The cartridges must be in general supply throughout the country and be used by the U.S. Military.
The following weapons, in our opinion, are the nucleus of an excellent survival arsenal. After testing and comparing hundreds of weapons, we feel they best meet the seven criterion above. Where appropriate, we have listed accessories that may extend the usefulness of the weapon. The suggested ammunition quantities for each weapon may seem excessive, but they are what the authors are personally accumulating. If you think you can survive with less GREAT!! We have listed alternate weapons that may be procured if the primary weapons are not available.
Once you have established a basic personal survival arsenal, you may add any additional weapons/calibers that you desire. With the following personal survival arsenal, you will be prepared to protect yourself and your family in almost any emergency.
Weapon System #1
The .22 rifle has been listed in many survival publications as the ultimate survival weapon. I would like to state that it is! That is if you happen to be fighting against people who are armed with them. In that case, your chances of survival are excellent. People who state that the .22 is the ultimate weapon have obviously never done the following things:
1. been in combat,
2. tried to kill a deer with a .22,
3. tried to shoot a bird on the wing with one or
4. tried to stop a large dangerous animal such as a wild boar or bear.
These people will next say that the sling shot is sufficient and sight such examples as David and Goliath, and ammo availability as reasons. The truth is that NO ONE WEAPON IS ADEQUATE IN ALL SITUATIONS. The .22 riffle should be used for hunting small game within 75 yards. In the hands of an expert, it will do for self-defense if you place a slug between your enemy's eyes. Its primary function should be to arm your wife and children against snakes and/or for the killing of rabbits, squirrels and birds. The wide spread distribution and low cost of .22 ammo make it a great investment. In time of crisis, everyone will want .22 ammo. It may well become worth its weight in gold! I suggest that a person buy as much as he/she can afford. The .22 has its place, but do not depend on it as a primary weapon. If in the future, I should be forced to defend my food and family, I hope that all people I may regretfully have to fight are armed only with .22's. It should make for some interesting target practice!
1. Ruger 10/22
2. Five thousand rounds of Remington hollow points
3. Bushnell 4X scope
1. Remington Nylon 66
Weapon System #2
The .223 Remington is the current U.S. Army rifle caliber. It is a hard hitting, flat shooting caliber well suited for self-defense and hunting. Its maximum effective range is 400 yards. the .223 should be the backbone of your defense weapons.
1. Mini-14 Ruger
2. Four 20 shot clips
3. Five thousand rounds of .223 ammo
3. H&K 93
Weapon System #3
The .308 Winchester is a current U.S. Military and Nato round. It has about the same power as a 30.06 and an effective range of 800 yards. The purpose of this weapon is for hunting big game. This weapon will serve very well as a sniper rifle.
1. M1A National Match (Springfield Armory)
2. Four 20 shot magazines
3. Bushnell 3x9 BDC with S&K mount
4. Five thousand rounds of ammo
1. H&K 91 with H&K mount and Bushnell 3x9 BDC
Weapon System #4
The .45 Auto will be your most vital personal defensive weapon. It should be kept close at hand at all times. It will be used at close quarters for self-defense and for killing wounded game in the field.
1 .45 Mark Four Government model-Colt
2. Biannci thumb break holster
3. Ten magazines
4. One thousand rounds of ammo (230 grain hard ball)
1. .45 Colt Commander
2. .45 Model 1917 Revolver S&W
3. .45 Model 1917 Revolver Colt
4. .45 Model 25 Revolver S&W
Weapon System #5
The shotgun is the most valuable survival tool you can have. It is excellent for self-defense and hunting. If you can have just one weapon, this should be it!
1. Remington 870 police gun with riffle sights and 20 inch barrel
2. Extra 28 inch .mod barrel
3. One thousand rounds of No. 1 buck
4. One thousand rounds of No. 6 shot
5. Five hundred slugs
NOTE: the slugs and buckshot are only to be used in the 20 inch barrel. Their effective range is about 75 yards.
1. Five shot Ithica riot gun with riffle sights and extra 28 inch barrel.
Gun and Weapon CD's